- Affiliated or freelance women journalists currently working full time in the news media, with three (3) or more years of professional experience. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Women journalists of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- Applicant must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
- For each application cycle, applicants must choose one reporting trip to apply for.
- The application asks for the following: basic personal information, CV, work samples, a statement of interest including detailed story pitches, a plan for publication, and a letter of support from an editor or a proven track record of publication.
- All applications materials must be submitted in English.
- See a complete sample application here.